Precision Pulse is a precision heart rate monitor (HRM) app intended for experienced HRM users and researchers looking to capture HR or RR interval data over extended periods of time.
Whilst we updated and added features this app has been off the market but we are pleased to announce the new version (3.0) is now available. To use Precision Pulse you will need an Apple device running iOS7.1 upwards and a compatible HRM.
- Conventional HR recording mode with individualized zone feedback & audio alerts
- RR recording mode capturing every heartbeat interval
- Interactive charts can be used during recording and to explore saved HR and RR data files
- Export of HR and RR data in .hrm format text files
- RR data export compatible with HRV analysis tools such as Kubios, Polar ProTrainer
- Low power consumption – can be used in background to record hours worth of data with very little battery drain
- First and second ventilatory (lactate) threshold estimation
- Training Load calculation using 3-zone (Lucia) TRIMP model
- Energy expenditure calculation using multiple parameters (kcal)
- For best results Precision Pulse can be used with Bluetooth Smart HRM straps and pulse monitors, such as the recommended Cardiosport model
- Also works with Polar type HRM straps using ithlete ECG receiver
- Bluetooth Smart requires compatible hardware (iPhone 4s and later)
- RR mode requires compatible chest strap that transmits optional parts of Bluetooth 4.0 spec