Coach and author Dr Phil Maffetone is an internationally recognised expert on health, nutrition and performance. This first instalment of a two-part series of interviews with Dr Phil looks at Low Carb High Fat (LCHF) nutrition for athletes. Packed full of interesting and applicable information from a highly respected leader in the field of athlete nutrition this is one not to miss! Key topics covered include:
- How did you come across LCHF and why did you start using it?
- What effect have you seen LCHF have on the health and performance of athletes?
- When adopting and following a LCHF lifestyle what can athletes expect to see in their heart rate variability (HRV)?
Some of the most valuable takeaways and practical tips include:
- Is this a diet everyone can benefit from?
- How strict (compliant) do you need to be?
- Do you have any recommendations for people getting started with LCHF?
If you’re interested in adopting a LCHF lifestyle, why not do so alongside a free trial of ithlete Pro to really monitor your body’s response? We’d love to hear how you get on!