Coach and author Dr Phil Maffetone is an internationally recognised expert on health, nutrition and performance. This first instalment of a two-part series of interviews with Dr Phil looks at Low Carb High Fat (LCHF) nutrition for athletes. Packed full of interesting and applicable information from a highly respected leader in the field of athlete nutrition this is one not to miss! Key topics covered include:
- How did you come across LCHF and why did you start using it?
- What effect have you seen LCHF have on the health and performance of athletes?
- When adopting and following a LCHF lifestyle what can athletes expect to see in their heart rate variability (HRV)?
Some of the most valuable takeaways and practical tips include:
- Is this a diet everyone can benefit from?
- How strict (compliant) do you need to be?
- Do you have any recommendations for people getting started with LCHF?
If you’re interested in adopting a LCHF lifestyle, why not do so alongside a free trial of ithlete Pro to really monitor your body’s response? We’d love to hear how you get on!
Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook or Twitter to be first to get the second interview with Dr Phil looking at MAF aerobic training.